President Donald Trump and several members of his Cabinet were evacuated on Saturday night after reports of gunfire at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Washington, D.C.
Vice President JD Vance and other senior officials in attendance, including acting Attorney General Todd Blanche, were also quickly escorted out of the venue.
According to the White House press pool, the president was later believed to still be at the Washington hotel hosting the event. “The pool is still at the Hilton as of 8:56, which means POTUS hadn’t departed yet,” the report noted.
A source told CNN that Trump is safe, and an administration official confirmed that Cabinet members are also unharmed.
Secret Service agents removed the president from the stage as security responded to the situation. Authorities have reportedly detained a suspect.
“The First Lady, Vice President, and several senior officials were present at the dinner, including Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard, Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy, Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, White House Communications Director Steven Cheung, and FBI Director Kash Patel,” the New York Times reported.
Rep. Nancy Mace said in a statement that officials were praying for the safety of the president and others in attendance, adding that early reports indicated the shooter had been detained and that the situation was being closely monitored.


Leave a Reply